This handler uses the Dropbox Ruby SDK to move a file between locations on Dropbox. Before using any Dropbox handler for the first time, you will need to obtain an access key to connect to the account (Instructions for that can be found below). After doing that, the handler will connect to that account and then copy a file to the specified location. The Old Dropbox File Location determines what file will be moved and the New Dropbox File Location determines where that file will be moved to in the folder hierarchy of your Dropbox instance. If a folder in the New Dropbox File Location has not been previously created, this call to Dropbox will create the folder before moving the file into it.
How to retrieve the Dropbox Access Token
1. Create an app in the Dropbox App Console (if you already have an app, you can skip to step #5)
2. First, go to the Dropbox Developers page and go to the App Console
3. Click the 'Create app' button and choose the following options
- Dropbox API app
- File and datastores
- No - My app needs access to files already on Dropbox
- All file types - My app needs access to a user's full Dropbox. Only supported via the Core API.
- Input an App Name
4. Click in to see the details of the app you just created and add 'http://localhost' to the OAuth redirect URIs
5. To easily retrieve the access token, unzip the handler file and navigate to the resources folder (handler -> resources) and open retrieveAccessToken.html
6. Follow the instructions on that page to generate your access token. Insert it into your info values and you are now properly authenticated with Dropbox!