BMC ITSM7 Incident Work Info Create on a Remote AR Server
Creates Work Info entries related to an Incident. The relationship is established by placing the Incident Number in the 'Incident Number' field on the 'HPD:Work Log' form.
The Include Review Request parameter invokes a method that builds and places a link in the Notes field on the Work Info entry. When this link is clicked, the original service request submission is opened in the read-only Review Request mode.
The Include Question Answers parameter invokes a method which builds a question and answer pair display of the service request submittal. These data elements are placed in the Notes field of the Work Info entry. This provides a quick view of the triggering service request submittal data.
The Work Info entry accommodates up to three file attachments. When configuring the task, this handler expects the value Menu Label of the attachment question. The handler will use this name to locate the attachment file within the Remedy forms of the Kinetic Request application. If more than three attachments are needed, it is recommended to create additional Work Info entries.
This handler is safe to use in a subtree because it does not rely on any @base information to process. All data is passed into the handler as parameters.
This handler allows for a configuration where the ARS system used for Kinetic and the ARS system used for BMC Remedy ITSM7 are different.
The following data is used to create the 'HPD:Worklog' record:
Sets the 'Detailed Description' field to a concatenation of the following:
- The URL link to the Review Request view of the triggering Kinetic Request submission (if provided).
- The value of the "Work Info Notes" parameter.
- The formatted string of Question name to full answer pairs (if provided).
Sets the 'Incident Entry ID' field to the result of a lookup to the HPD:Help Desk form. The lookup is done using the incident number parameter and the resulting entry's request id is used.
Attaches the files associated to the specified Attachment field menu label parameters to the specified fields:
- 'z2AF Work Log01' => "Attachment Question Menu Label 1"
- 'z2AF Work Log02' => "Attachment Question Menu Label 2"
- 'z2AF Work Log03' => "Attachment Question Menu Label 3"
Sets the following field values to the specified values:
- 'Communication Source' => "Web"
- 'z1D Previous Operation' => "SET"
- 'Status' => "Enabled"
- 'Work Log Type' => "General Information"
Sets the following field values to the values of the specified parameters:
- 'Incident Number' => "Incident Number"
- 'Description' => "Work Info Summary"
- 'Detailed Description' => "Work Info Notes"
- 'Work Log Date' => "Work Info Submit Date"
- 'Work Log Submitter' => "Submitter"
- 'Secure Work Log' => "Locked"
- 'View Access' => "View Access"
|server||Remedy Server Name or IP Address|
|username||Remedy Login Name|
|port||Remedy TCP Port||0|
|prognum||Remedy RPC Prognum||0|
|authentication||Remedy Authentication String|
|ars_server||Remedy Server Name or IP Address|
|ars_username||Remedy Login Name|
|ars_port||Remedy TCP Port||0|
|ars_prognum||Remedy RPC Prognum||0|
|ars_authentication||Remedy Authentication String|
|enable_debug_logging||Enable debug logging if the value is set to 'Yes'.||No|
|Incident Number:||The incident number of the Incident to associate the Incident Work Info entry with.|
|Include Review Request:||Option to prepend the review request URL to the Notes of the Incident Work Info entry.|
|Include Question Answers:||Option to append the question answer pairs to the Notes of the Incident Work Info entry.|
|Work Info Type:||Work Info Type.|
|Work Info Summary:||Sets the Summary of the Incident Work Info entry.|
|Work Info Notes:||Sets the Notes of the Incident Work Info entry.|
|Work Info Submit Date:||Sets the Date of the Incident Work Info entry.|
|Attachment Question Menu Label 1:||The menu label of an attachment question to retrieve an attachment from.|
|Attachment Question Menu Label 2:||The menu label of an attachment question to retrieve an attachment from.|
|Attachment Question Menu Label 3:||The menu label of an attachment question to retrieve an attachment from.|
|Submitter:||Sets the Submitter of the Incident Work Info entry.|
|Locked:||Sets the Incident Work Info entry Locked status.|
|View Access:||Sets the Incident Work Info entry to Public or Internal.|
|Customer Survey Instance ID:||Instance ID of the submission that should be used to retrieve answers.|
|Survey Template Instance ID:||The survey template instance ID related to the Customer Survey Instance ID.|
|Default Web Server:||Instance ID of the submission that should be used to retrieve answers.|
|Entry Id||The Request Id of the generated Incident Work Info entry.|
- Initial version. See README for details.
- Updated to set the 'Incident Entry ID' field in the created incident work info entry. The value for 'Incident Entry ID' is automatically set by using the incident number to retrieve the request id of the incident entry.
- Initial version. Allows for a configuration where the ARS system used for Kinetic and the ARS system used for BMC Remedy ITSM7 are different.